bonjour celine header

3.5.10

.

setting up

.

I have been grinning from ear to ear! Thank you friends, your kind thoughts have really touched my heart. You inspire me, push me to try new things, and always encourage me to do better.

This first dress is far from perfect, as I still have a lot to learn. I enjoyed every step of making it, from tracing, to cutting, to sewing and altering. Not only did I learn how to navigate these foreign books, but I picked up a lot of new tricks in dressmaking from seeing what others were doing in class. Thanks for offering this class
Karyn! I have wanted to do this for a long long time.

Of course, I was looking forward to photographing the dress, but a little nervous about being the model. Rosalyn came over to help me set up, style, and photograph. We make a great team Roz!

I made dress ‘S’ in the
Stylish Dress Book II. Karyn made 2 beautiful dresses in this pattern out of Liberty of London fabric. They are SO perfect! Look here, and here.

(p.s. some of you asked where I got the gingham fabric from. I got it at World Sew on Queen Street ages ago! But I think they still have it.)

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful dress. I love the photo shoot that you and Rosalyn set up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh wow, that dress you made is indeed fabulous!! So cute!! :) And I'm crazy over the styling of that photoshoot!
    Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the light in these is magical. very lovely.

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. balloon photo made my morning! so dreamy! your photos are like mini snap shots of dreams celine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovley book and the picture are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful booklet! they have lovely dresses in it, lots of inspiration to make more :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you so much everybody!!! I am so glad you liked the photos, the dress, and the beautiful books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness, that dress you made is just exquisite! And a land of white balloons... magic!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the endless possibilities of dress making.. so exciting.. especially when you have such beautiful patterns to work from.

    amazing use of balloons and red chair as well.. really suits the gingham and purity of the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you and rosalyn make such a cute team :) i want to be a part of it! haha.
    ps: i got your email! sorry, i've upped my gmail security - luckily i check it now and then. i actually got the stuff back in the mail last week! can you imagine! i'm a little embarrassed. but that would be the last time i'm sending it through the office mailroom. i will be sending them out tomorrow! sorry about that celine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a simple but lovely dress!

    ReplyDelete